Band Camp Info
MARCHING BAND CAMP SCHEDULE 2018 (updated 3.31.18)
Thursday, August 9 – Percussion Auditions and Camp begins/ ends August 19
Saturday, August 11 – Auxiliary and Leadership Camp begins/ ends August 19
Monday, August 13 – All Winds Audition and Camp begins/ ends August 19
Tuesday, August 14 – Rehearsals
Wednesday, August 15 – Rehearsals
Thursday, August 16 – Rehearsals
Friday, August 17 – Rehearsals
Saturday, August 18 – Rehearsals/ Family and Friends Preview Show
Sunday, August 19 – Rehearsals/Camp concludes
Monday, August 20 – Classes begin
BAND CAMP CHECK – IN
PERCUSSION Thursday, Aug. 9 10am in COUCH 115
COLOR GUARD Saturday, Aug. 11 10am in COUCH 115
BRASS AND WOODWINDS Monday, Aug. 13 9am in COUCH 115
ALL NEW MEMBERS AND PARENTS Monday, Aug. 13
11:30am – 1:00pm Welcome Meeting and Lunch 115 COUCH
1:00 – 3:00 pm Free Time to move-in
3:00 pm Rehearsal Couch Room 115 COUCH
BRASS AND WOODWINDS Monday, Aug. 13 1pm in COUCH 115- Check in
There will be three highly recommended mini-camps for the entire percussion section (battery and front ensemble) TBD These camps are not specifically required, but are recommended so that you can learn about playing style and ensemble development in the Georgia Tech Drumline. This gives the staff an opportunity to work with you before the final auditions at the beginning of band camp in August. All students who live in the Metro area should plan on being there, and if you live outside the Metro Atlanta area and can make it, we would love to have you there. Contact Chris Moore at email@example.com if you have any questions. A FEW THINGS TO REMEMBER:
- We have an unusually large number of percussionists auditioning for a limited number of physical instruments in the battery.
- The performance level of the drum line is very high. We take pride in being one of the finest college drum lines in the country.
- We will evaluate your progress from camp to camp.
- All members audition for their spot, including vets! Everyone must practice.
- We will move people around instruments to find your best potential spot on the line.
- Don’t hesitate to ask any questions between camps. The experience will be amazingly fun no matter what you play. Everyone that auditions will have the opportunity to participate in the Georgia Tech Band program either in the battery or the front ensemble and be assigned a part at Band Camp.
- If for some reason you can’t make one of the three Summer percussion camps make sure you have the prepared music ready when you get to band camp August 6th.
BAND CAMP HOUSING
PERCUSSION August 9 – out of town students will be housed at the Hampton Inn on North Ave. Personal belongings can be stored in a locked room in the Couch Building until Monday, Aug. 14 *If you need out of town housing please contact Assistant Professor Benjamin Diden by July 1 at firstname.lastname@example.org
COLOR GUARD August 11 – out of town students will be housed at the Hampton Inn on North Ave. Personal belongings can be stored in a locked room in the Couch Building until Monday, Aug. 13 *If you need out of town housing please contact Assistant Professor Benjamin Diden by July 1 at email@example.com
ALL BAND MEMBERS August 13 – All Georgia Tech students will be allowed to move into THEIR assigned dorm room for the Fall.
We will provide one (1) meal per day. Usually lunch. Students will have the aid of Veterans with transportation for the other meals.
Band members must have a GT parking permit to park on campus.
WHAT TO BRING TO CAMP
1. Medical Insurance Company and policy number for check-in. 2. Your parents (if you are under 18). 3. Money for meals. 4. What you need for your dorm. 5. Comfortable clothes. 6. Closed toe athletic shoes for out side rehearsals. No sandals/ Crocs/ flip flops, etc… 7. Hat and SUNSCREEN. 8. Water bottle/ Jug 9. Instrument/ mouthpiece/ sticks/ equipment 10. Music 11. A GREAT ATTITUDE! – We are going to work hard.
If you have a conflict with the Percussion Ensemble or Marching Band Class DON’T PANIC. Go ahead and show up for camp and we will help you adjust your schedule when Phase II registration opens August 11 – 24. If you have questions please feel free to contact Chris Moore or Benjamin Diden. We look forward to seeing you at Camp! Chris Moore – Director of Athletic Bands 404-894-8977 firstname.lastname@example.org Benjamin Diden – Assistant Director of Bands 404-894-8951 email@example.com