Band Camp Info
MARCHING BAND CAMP SCHEDULE 2017 (updated 3.24.17)
Thursday, August 10 – Percussion Auditions and Camp begins/ ends August 20
Saturday, August 12 – Auxiliary and Leadership Camp begins/ ends August 20
Monday, August 14 – All Winds Audition and Camp begins/ ends August 20
Tuesday, August 15 – Rehearsals
Wednesday, August 16 – Rehearsals
Thursday, August 17 – Rehearsals
Friday, August 18 – Rehearsals
Saturday, August 19 – Rehearsals/ Family and Friends Preview Show
Sunday, August 20 – Rehearsals/Camp concludes
Monday, August 21 – Classes begin
BAND CAMP CHECK – IN
PERCUSSION Thursday, Aug. 10 10am in COUCH 115
COLOR GUARD Saturday, Aug. 12 10am in COUCH 115
BRASS AND WOODWINDS Monday, Aug. 14 9am in COUCH 115
ALL NEW MEMBERS AND PARENTS Monday, Aug. 14
11:30am – 1:00pm Welcome Meeting and Lunch 115 COUCH
1:00 – 3:00 pm Free Time to move-in
3:00 pm Rehearsal Couch Room 115 COUCH
BRASS AND WOODWINDS Monday, Aug. 14 1pm in COUCH 115- Check in
There will be three highly recommended mini-camps for the entire percussion section (battery and front ensemble) – May 13 (Sat), June 17 (Sat) and July 16 (Sun) from 10a – 5p at the Couch Building. These camps are not specifically required, but are recommended so that you can learn about playing style and ensemble development in the Georgia Tech Drumline. This gives the staff an opportunity to work with you before the final auditions at the beginning of band camp in August. All students who live in the Metro area should plan on being there, and if you live outside the Metro Atlanta area and can make it, we would love to have you there. Contact Chris Moore at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions. A FEW THINGS TO REMEMBER:
- We have an unusually large number of percussionists auditioning for a limited number of physical instruments in the battery.
- The performance level of the drum line is very high. We take pride in being one of the finest college drum lines in the country.
- We will evaluate your progress from camp to camp.
- All members audition for their spot, including vets! Everyone must practice.
- We will move people around instruments to find your best potential spot on the line.
- Don’t hesitate to ask any questions between camps. The experience will be amazingly fun no matter what you play. Everyone that auditions will have the opportunity to participate in the Georgia Tech Band program either in the battery or the front ensemble and be assigned a part at Band Camp.
- If for some reason you can’t make one of the three Summer percussion camps make sure you have the prepared music ready when you get to band camp August 6th.
BAND CAMP HOUSING
PERCUSSION August 10 – out of town students will be housed at the Hampton Inn on North Ave. Personal belongings can be stored in a locked room in the Couch Building until Monday, Aug. 14 *If you need out of town housing please contact Assistant Professor Benjamin Diden by July 1 at email@example.com
COLOR GUARD August 12 – out of town students will be housed at the Hampton Inn on North Ave. Personal belongings can be stored in a locked room in the Couch Building until Monday, Aug. 14 *If you need out of town housing please contact Assistant Professor Benjamin Diden by July 1 at firstname.lastname@example.org
ALL BAND MEMBERS August 14 – All Georgia Tech students will be allowed to move into THEIR assigned dorm room for the Fall.
We will provide one (1) meal per day. Usually lunch. Students will have the aid of Veterans with transportation for the other meals.
Band members that will be driving to campus during camp can park in the Woodruff Parking lot adjacent Woodruff dorm and close to the Couch Music Building.
WHAT TO BRING TO CAMP
1. Medical Insurance Company and policy number for check-in. 2. Your parents (if you are under 18). 3. Money for meals. 4. What you need for your dorm. 5. Comfortable clothes. 6. Closed toe athletic shoes for out side rehearsals. No sandals/ Crocs/ flip flops, etc… 7. Hat and SUNSCREEN. 8. Water bottle/ Jug 9. Instrument/ mouthpiece/ sticks/ equipment 10. Music 11. A GREAT ATTITUDE! – We are going to work hard.
If you have a conflict with the Percussion Ensemble or Marching Band Class DON’T PANIC. Go ahead and show up for camp and we will help you adjust your schedule when Phase II registration opens August 12 – 25. If you have questions please feel free to contact Chris Moore or Benjamin Diden. We look forward to seeing you at Camp! Chris Moore – Director of Athletic Bands 404-894-8977 email@example.com Benjamin Diden – Assistant Director of Bands 404-894-8951 firstname.lastname@example.org