The GT Drumline is a vibrant, driving force for the band, celebrating an outstanding tradition of performance excellence and fun! Please be sure to fill out a Band Application if you have not done so already, so that we can keep you updated with the latest information, such as new exercises, camp dates, etc.
There will be three highly recommended mini-camps for the entire percussion section (battery and front ensemble) on May 18 (Sat), June 15 (Sat) and July 13 (Sat) from 10 AM to 5 PM. These camps are not specifically required, but are recommended so that you can learn about playing style and ensemble development in the Georgia Tech Drumline. This gives the staff an opportunity to work with you before the final auditions at the beginning of band camp in August.
Please fill out this form to indicate your attendance at these camps: Be sure that you have filled out a BAND APPLICATION prior to signing up for summer camps.
1. Fill out the Percussion Audition Form
2. Download the audition material for the section you would like to audition for. The link will be provided once the drumline information form is submitted.
3. Check your e-mail regularly for information regarding registration, camps, and auditions.
Summer Percussion Camps
All students who live in the Metro area should plan on being there, and if you live outside the Metro Atlanta area and can make it, we would love to have you there. Contact Chris Moore at email@example.com if you have any questions.
A FEW THINGS TO REMEMBER:
- We have an unusually large number of percussionists auditioning for a limited number of physical instruments in the battery.
- The performance level of the drum line is very high. We take pride in being one of the finest college drum lines in the country.
- We will evaluate your progress from camp to camp.
- All members audition for their spot, including vets! Everyone must practice.
- We will move people around instruments to find your best potential spot on the line.
- Don’t hesitate to ask any questions between camps. The experience will be amazingly fun no matter what you play. Everyone that auditions will have the opportunity to participate in the Georgia Tech Band program either in the battery or the front ensemble and be assigned a part at Band Camp.
- If for some reason you can’t make one of the two Summer percussion camps make sure you have the prepared music ready when you get to band camp August 10th.